The Macroeconomy: Not Yet Morning in America; But Methinks the Morning Star Is Rising…

Brad DeLong, Brad DeLong | May 8, 2010

Barry Ritholtz writes:

The Bonddad Blog: Blow Out Jobs Report: That is one good looking chart. Simply put, this is one h— of a good [monthly jobs] report.

I am certainly now a much happier camper than I was a week ago…

Comment to “The Macroeconomy: Not Yet Morning in America; But Methinks the Morning Star Is Rising…

1. With the businesses I work with, I’ve noticed that businesses have somewhat adjusted to the economic situation. They’ve already gone through the layoffs if they were going to happen. Now they are learning how to grow their business in the current climate.

For my business, it has actually led to an increase. A lot of my new clients from 2009 were businesses who had laid off marketing staff and instead contracted it out. They also are looking more to online and social media options as a more cost effective and efficient way to reach their customers.

I haven’t seen significant hiring though. Are those numbers adjusted for the census workers that are going out door to door?